Sports Betting refers to the art of predicting the results of any sporting event and putting money on the line. It is done both legally and illegally. Most countries have regulated betting and it can
Sports Betting refers to the art of predicting the results of any sporting event and putting money on the line. It is done both legally and illegally. Most countries have regulated betting and it can be done under limits and guidelines. In areas where this is illegal, gamblers usually contact “Bookies” who facilitate the process. With the digital revolution booming, betting transactions and bookings are done online. Booking is the term used by brokers to keep a check on pay-outs and debts. If you want to bet on any kind of sports online, you can go and check out Betcris.
Types of Sports Bets
- Straight Bet – When individual bets on a game where the outcome depends on the points spread.
- Future Betting – When the event under consideration is happening in a distant future. Ex – Who will win next year’s football world cup?
- Parlay Bet – When the win depends upon 3 or 4 different outcomes. If the bettor loses even one outcome, the whole bet is lost. But the pay-outs are higher than straight bets.
- Round Robin Bet – It is defined as a series of parlays.
- Prop Bets – It refers to betting on different events in a single game. Ex – Who will score the first goal?
Popular Sports for Betting
- Football – It is the hot sport to bet on. Most countries play football and most governments have allowed betting on Football using apps like Betcris.
- Basketball – It is one of the easiest sports to bet on. Points Spread feature is used to bet.
- Boxing – Boxing is also getting popular worldwide as Pay per view is rising in boxing matches. Bettors love to bet on the next big fight coming.
- Tennis – The most popular sport in the U.K is very easy to bet on because punters can bet on sets with a button’s click.
- Golf – 73 players play golf at a time. So, the prospects of betting are huge with greater opportunities and outcomes.
- Horse Racing – It is a big betting market especially when Big 5 horse racing events are around the corner.
Sports’ betting is extremely entertaining but it is better to go with a rational frame of mind. You can win big or loose. The expectations should be realistic and a budget should be planned to spend. Patience is a must as it is not something to rush. Take time to reflect on your previous approaches and make a future strategy as needed. So, what are you waiting for? Go on Betcris and have a good time.