Remember the shocking match-fixing events involving players such as Mohammad Asif, Mohammad Amir, Marlon Samuels, and Hansie Cronje? Incidents like that make us wonder whether the sports world we see on TV is real! From
Remember the shocking match-fixing events involving players such as Mohammad Asif, Mohammad Amir, Marlon Samuels, and Hansie Cronje? Incidents like that make us wonder whether the sports world we see on TV is real! From time to time, match-fixing events have rattled the sports arena. It has blackened the face of famous players and the countries they represent. These spot-fixing events are a result of sbobet88 Indonesia that happens outside the field. But do you know that it is going on for hundreds of years?
Let us dip our toes into this controversial subject!
What is Sports Betting?
To put it simply, Sports betting is a type of gambling where you put some money at stake, called a wager, and predict the outcome of a match. If you are correct, you win some more money apart from what you placed as the wager. If you are wrong, you lose all your money. The company or person offering you the betting opportunity is called a bookie, sportsbook, betting agency, or a bookmaker. The customer who places a bet is called a punter. Today, betting agencies have gone online, too, involving sports such as cricket, basketball, football, and horse racing. Although considered illegal, it is still prevalent in many countries. Some people practice sports bettingon Sbobet88 Indonesia as a fun pastime among friends. But things get heated up when the big boys get involved – athletes and other officials.
Categories of bets
These are the popular types of bets punters can choose from –
- Win bets- The bets are placed on the team that the punter thinks will win.
- Straight bets or Handicaps- You can choose who will win, but a Point Spread is created to make both teams equal favorites. A point spread gives a team an advantage by a few points, making it a favorite. You can bet for this team or the underdog team.
- Parlay- This is a combination of bets where the customer places bets on several matches. If one prediction goes wrong, the entire parlay is lost.
- In-Play bets- These are bets placed during live matches from start to finish.
- Outrights- Also called Futures, these are bets placed on possible winners of a tournament or league.
Make sure you know the laws regarding sports betting in your country before placing a bet. While it might seem fun to earn a lot of cash while watching a cricket match, you better be safe than sorry.